Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
I am a bit mad but I can calm down if I want. I am a bit of fun and love to laugh!!! Reading is a big part of my life.

Monday, April 4, 2011

English Film

In english, we watched a film based on the life of Sylvia Plath. The rest of the class started to watch it last monday, but I was sick so I will have to watch it on YouTube when I go home. The summary of the film is that she attempted to commit suicide by drowning herself in the sea but it didn't work. She is married to another Poet called Ted Hughes. From what I have seen, he doesn't seem to love her, always hanging around, or sleeping in one case, with other women. They have 2 children together and he doesn't seem to spend alot of time with them. Apart from 2 scenes, one where his first child is born, and when they are on holiday in Devon, he is never seen holing or interacting with his children. Ms. G said the rest of the film can be quite disturbing and if you want to leave you can. After watching Sometime In April, I have become alot more sensitive towards scenes in films, and I think I may be one of the people who walk out. Blog again soon, Kellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment