Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
I am a bit mad but I can calm down if I want. I am a bit of fun and love to laugh!!! Reading is a big part of my life.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Retreat

OK I know I was supposed to blog about this like ages ago but my computer broke and I havn't had IT in a while. Anyways, so on thursday we went to Glendalough for our retreat with Mr. K. There was only 20 of us so the bus was very spacious. When we got there, it was so peaceful. Our first act of the day was for us to go into a field and sing a song to connect us with the earth and our surroundings. That was really nice. Next we went into the centre to watch a short film about the History of Glendalough. The time flew by and before we knew it we were going outside to meet our tour guide. Micheal was his name and he was really nice. He brought us to a labyrinth and Mr. K sent us all off seperately and we followed the path in silence. It was really nice and peaceful. Next we went on a walk and were told to take the first section of the walk in silence, and to take in our surroundings. We had to climb loads of steps and hills but we made it to our destination. At first we were heading to the site were St. Kevin's cave was but we ran out of time and instead went to a statue of St. Kevin with the bird that nested in his hand. It was beautiful. Lunch was next and we sat by the lakeside and had our food. Next we went and sat beside the lake and we were told to just look at it and sit in silence. The view in front of my eyes was spectacular. I truly enjoyed the day and would definately reccomend for future years to have an outdoor retreat instead of being stuck in a room all day. Blog again soon, Kellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment