Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
I am a bit mad but I can calm down if I want. I am a bit of fun and love to laugh!!! Reading is a big part of my life.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

W.B Yeats and The Bog Bodies

I should have written this on thursday but ahh well. So anyway, on thursday, we went to The National Library to visit the W.B Yeats Exhibition. It was really good. I learned a good few things, such as he had an infatuation with a woman called Maude. He proposed to her many times but she always turned him down. After a while he started on her daughter. In his mind, the women in Maude's family were his version of perfection. He had a big thing for astronomy. He founded a club in which you had to go up throught the different levels of astronomy to become a high member. After that we went to the National History Museum. We looked at the artifacts from the Mesolithic Period, the Bronze Age and Bog Bodies. I found the Bog Bodies a little bit disturbing. They were all shrivvled up ad nearly made me sick to my stomach. In a weird way, I also found them a little bit fascinating. It may sound weird, being sick by the sight but also being highly fascinated by the way they were preserved. Lunch came next and we went to McDonalds because it was close and convienient. On the way we saw a human statue. Siobhan made us cross the road because she, for some reason that I can't remember, is scared of them. It was funny to watch. Last, and by no means last, we went to the National Art Museum. Louise had been waiting all day to do the 'Jedward' trick with Siobhan's camera but the time never arrived. We were once again split into our two classes and we were given our tour. We visited the 20th Century section before finally visiting the Jack B. Yeats Art section. On the way back to the bus, myself and Louise had a laughing fit for reasons I cannot mention but it was one of the funniest things I had seen in a very long time. The whole day was really good and I would advise everyone to go and do everything we did. Blog again soon, Kellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment