Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
I am a bit mad but I can calm down if I want. I am a bit of fun and love to laugh!!! Reading is a big part of my life.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Percussion Workshop

Today we had a percussion workshop in the Music Room. It was brilliant. We did so much, maybe that was because we had so much time. We started at 9.45 and ended at 2.40. Dave, the guy who does it, was really nice and patient with all of us, especially when we went on a mad drumming session.



We played with drums that are like bongos but aren't. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the drum. Ah well. There were so many different sizes of drums and little percussion instruments. My favourite was the lizard xylophone. It was so cool, you put either end up and down and it made a really cool sound. I really like that one.



We watched a video before lunch where it showed how to make a drum and att the different types there are. We were told that if your mother of father was a musician then you would become a musician whether you like it or not. You would train for 21 years and in those 21 years you would make your first drum, learn how to play it properly and become a master. You would play at special events in your tribe such as generation changes and weddings.



I really enjoyed it and would recomend it to EVERYONE!!!

Blog again soon,

Kellie xxx

1 comment: