Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
I am a bit mad but I can calm down if I want. I am a bit of fun and love to laugh!!! Reading is a big part of my life.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sometime In April

Today we watched a film called 'Sometime In April'.
I really hated it. It was a film about the genocide in Rwanda, between the Tuti's and the Hutu's. It was very violent. I watched about 10 minutes of it and then a woman was shot execution style. I just walked staight out after that bit because I felt like I was going to cry and get sick at the same time. Ms. L followed me out to see if I was OK. I just couldn't watch a film where people get massacred and I know that those people actually were massacred.
So Siobhan and I just sat outside the Demo Room for 3 classes and we laughed for a while because I wanted to do anything to distract myself from thinking of that film again.
The class didn't finish the film so when we come back from our Mid-Term, they will finish the film and I will sit outside the class once again because I have no intentions of returning ever to see that film.
Blog again soon,
Kellie xx

2 comments:

  1. Kellie,
    I hope you weren't too upset by the film. You did right to leave it if you didn't like what you were seeing. Don't worry about when we watch the rest of it....I'll find a wee task for you to do at that time!
    It's a very sad movie and one we have shown many times before. It's difficult to understand how humans can treat other humans like that. Your reaction shows how compassionate you are.
    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete